Monday, June 9, 2008

Hot Fun in Summertime


Summer has arrived, and along with it, humid 90 degree weather and sweating in epic proportions.  My Grandma preferred the Winter months over the Summer ones.  Her philosophy was that you can always put on more clothes to warm up, but there's only so much you can take off.  After years of living in the concrete jungle where the heat rises from the sidewalks, and more specifically in Brooklyn, on a street where trees are few and far in between, I completely understand her way of thinking.

However, one of the best parts of warm, sunny days are barbecues and picnics. I salivate at the thought of grill cooked burgers, slightly burnt hot dogs with baked bean dip, buttery corn on the cob, crisp salad and large glasses of iced tea lemonade to cool off with.

Inspired by these images, I've created a line of silkscreened butterfly wall art and linens.  He are a few...


Hand silkscreened 9X12 canvas wall art in Charcoal, Blue and Yellow.  
Available here in my Etsy shop




18x14 Butterfly placemat sets in Red, Charcoal and Ochre.  
Available by special order.


These placemat sets are my favorite.  Like the canvas wall art, I love how the pair create whole images when set along side each other.  Also available in an Ochre/Blue colorway.
 They too are special order items.

Left Side

Right Side

Detail

Detail


The butterfly canvas sets are available here at my Etsy shop.
For more information on the special order items, contact me at nykeiam@gmail.com 


Enjoy and Stay Cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

soooo great!